Now the New Year is upon us we usually start to think about what we are going to achieve.
Weight loss is usually the big one especially after Christmas, but what is going to make a difference to you? And if you do decide to go for a goal, how long do you think you will stick at it for?
The only goals that really stick are the ones that we get emotionally involved with so when will do fall off the path to our goal there is enough motivation to put us back on track until our new actions just become a part of our lives.
Here is a quick list I use:
- What do you want to achieve and why?
- How will you know when you have it?
- Is the goal possible?
- What resources are needed to achieve the goal?
- When and where will you have this resource?
- What are the advantages of making this change?
- What are the disadvantages of making this change?
- What will achieving this lose you?
- Which of your values be fulfilled by achieving this outcome? – Critical
- What’s important to you about getting this?
- What will this outcome help you avoid experiencing?
- What is the benefit of this outcome?
So whether your goal is to lose weight, meet someone new, improve you relationship, make more money, whatever it is make sure you have powerful motivation behind the passion today to improve your life in 2012.
So what are your exciting goals for 2012?