One of my clients asked me, why have I decided to work with couples with marriage problems and why specifically have I decided to work with couples in extreme marital crisis?
This for me was an easy question, because…
I am passionate about relationships and family. I am especially passionate about helping lost couples find their way back to each others hearts. Also when I know there are other little hearts involved I feel even more responsibility to guide them all to safety.
- I believe that no matter how bad a marriage becomes, couples can turn their relationship around quickly, the reason so many don’t is because they don’t know how. So exhausted they give up trying.
- I believe within everyone there is a loving and giving person, what goes wrong is that part of them just gets lost, hidden away or protected when the couple lose their connection.
- I believe that when a couple divorce their children experience the same emotions as if one parent had died.
- I know that individuals become too seduced by what they feel due to the stress of the marital crisis and so they take destructive actions without realising the pain they will cause themselves and those they say they love.
- I know that most couples don’t know how to create and build a successful relationship so things like passion will die if they don’t know what to do.
- I know that most couples die a little each time they have conflict because they don’t know how to be honest listen and grow closer.
- I know that very few plan their lives together outside of buying house, getting married and having kids, so the reason for being together gets lost, love alone is not enough.
- I know that most couples don’t know what their partners needs are, let alone how to meet them, so their partner constantly feels bad and assumes their partner doesn’t care.
- I also know that unless the couple understand the critical key differences between men and women they will make very destructive assumptions about their partner words or behaviors.
What couples are unaware of is with a simple change of focus and understanding a large percentage of divorces could be stopped.
The cost of divorce is huge and the cost of starting all over again is potentially just as expensive financially and emotionally especially for those who get it wrong again and keep getting it wrong.
So what should couples do? Have the courage to face their truth, or conform and bury their heads and go for the quick fix solutions?
- If you missed it check out this couple who thought their marriage was over, but decided to discover their truth for their son. Click here