Unless a couple understands how to create a meaningful connection for both people it’s not long before all couples will start to experience problems.
As you go through this post you will read about a couple who was at the end and they needed a swift rescue plan as they were starting to talk about divorce.
No matter how good their relationship, all couples will break it. All couples have a problem and this is NOT knowing how to repair it successfully.
How many times do couples find themselves arguing today about problems from years ago? This is an indicator of old problems not being solved and today they are just another stacked resentment.
Couples can get caught up in many frustrating and circular problems. These can range from communication issues, emotional disconnects, never being on the same page, to name a few.
The fear that these problems create is at least one person in the relationship can start to question compatibility.
When compatibility becomes the focus for that person, the relationship is now under the spot light, but not in a good way, as the person searches for problems.
In the search for more proof of incompatibility the person usually finds many examples.
So when a person starts to find problems, this can lead a person to engage an overwhelming need to protect themselves from their partner.
For some couples this process takes years, for other couples this damaging process is very quick.
When two people enter into this self protective state it’s very challenging for them to deal with their issues as their resentments are now like to be very high.
You don’t listen! You don’t get me! What do I have to say for you to understand? Why don’t you get it? It’s like living with a child! You’re always so negative!
Any of this sound familiar?
So couple after couple are coming to me at various stages of disconnect and I am helping them navigate a secure path to discover if they have the ability to build a successful relationship for life.
The Marriage Breakthrough Program is for couples who really thought their relationship was over and are learning how to build a brand new relationship with the skills to keep it safe in the future.
One couple came in they were both totally exhausted, normal life is stressful enough, but add in a failing marriage and they both were ready to give up. I was their last shot. They had been to counselling, but always left their sessions feeling so much worse than when they went in.
They knew they needed a different approach.
By helping them to really understand their relationship and themselves I was able to give the couple a new energy to focus on their core strengths so they could become a team to deal with the challenges and all that life has to throw at them.
Life is full of problems and I helped them learn how to become a team in a way that created attraction, love, and more energy. This lifeless couple had rediscovered their passion not just for each other, but for life.
So what did this couple learn?
- This couple learnt firstly why their relationship was really failing and what they needed to do.
- They then learnt the core philosophies that have the ability to keep relationships alive for life so they could see where they were going wrong.
- They discovered how to create the best version of themselves – no compromises.
- They then learnt how to repair the relationship together as a team.
- They discovered the many differing forms of communication and the fundamental differences between men and women. Emotional connection a signifiant theme.
- They learn how to understand what the other was really saying – spoken and unspoken.
- They learnt the energy they needed to re-engage attraction and sexual energy.
- They learnt how to plan a future that created purpose and excitement.
- They learnt how to avoid the many pitfalls that life throws at us.
In all the couple learnt initially why it was IMPOSSIBLE to sit in their problem and solve it. I had to get them out of their problem and look at it as a team.
This them gave them the energy to support each other and create a secure connection through love, passion, fun, humour with their new wisdom of how relationships really works.
Their message to me was this journey was mind-blowing!